Sunday, October 16, 2011

The plot thickens...

I continue to contemplate whether or not I should act on the advice of the ghost. My mind continues to move to thoughts of murder. I still need proof!

Now more than ever I am disturbed by mankind. What sort of life is this, where a man may be willing to kill his own kin in order to achieve power? What is it all for? And why am I forced into such a situation wherein I must become either an instrument of God or the devil? Would it not be easier to simply…not live? To be or not to be…that is the question. There are times when I consider this. It is a disturbing thought, to be sure. However, I feel that I would rather live with the hopes of evening the score versus taking the easy way out.

I have heard tell of a troupe making their way into town. I have begun to concoct a plan which may reveal the king’s true colors. I will ask that these players to perform a play of my creation- one which may closely reenact the events that lead to the death of my father. I will watch the king’s reaction and therein shall I see if he indeed be the villain I think that he is. With this proof in hand, I shall act. If the king does not respond, I shall treat this ghost as nothing more than a horrific apparition, and thank God that I did not fall to its evil temptation.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment